According to the American Society of Civil Engineering 2010 Report Card on America's Infrastructure, "More than 26%, or one in four, of the nation's bridges are either structurally deficient or functionally obsolete."
With such a large demand for resources for repair and in some cases, demolition and new construction, bridge monitoring offers a tool for bridge engineers and structural engineering firms in the analysis and prioritization for repair. In addition, bridge monitoring can offer a continuous monitoring solution to constantly measure the bridge's reponse to both natural and man-made events.
Digitex provides both portable and permanent bridge monitoring systems. Our systems can:
- Provide continious, simultaneous real-time sensor data both locally and remotely
- Accept just about any third-party sensor input and be designed to accept multiple sensor types--all managed through a single Digitex system
- Manage 100's to 1,000s of channels
- Provide Multi-point distribution. The Digitex Client Software provides remote real-time bridge monitoring management from any location with Internet access.
- Supply Alert Management...something happens, you are informed immediately
- Evolutionary architecture can easily incorporate structural algorithms today or as they evolve
Bridge Monitoring Product Solutions
Permanent Installations: For continuous bridge monitoring, Digitex offers Real-Time Distributed Digital System (xDAS) or Centralized Multi-Channel System (xCAS) for Real-Time Structural Health Monitoring.
Periodic AVM Measurements: Digitex offers a family of portable data acquisition units (xDAS-Ambient) that can be used for research and/or temporary installations.
SHM Software: Powerful software packages for Real-time data acquisition, processing and alarming (Voyager), and suite for analysis and reporting (Observer) everyone can use.